HOURS OF OPERATION
Open Season: Summer
- May (Victoria Day Long Weekend)- October (Thanksgiving Weekend)
- Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 3pm
*Subject to change depending on reservations and bookings. Contact us to schedule a tour. Tours are available, during the closed season, by appointment only.
*Elevator accessibility available.
- General Admission – $7.00 per person
- Guided Tour – $10.00 per person
Additional donations are welcomed.
There is one large parking lot located on the right side of the chapel that can accommodate cars, trucks, and buses. Parking is free and available for all visitors of the Chapel.
VISITOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Her Majesty’s Royal Chapel of the Mohawks is the oldest surviving church in Ontario and is open to all. Respectful sharing of the space and resources ensures an enriching and cultural experience for all visitors. We ask that everyone adhere to the following guidelines while visiting the Chapel.
- Visitors are to refrain from shouting, running or disruptive behaviour.
- Visitors are to refrain from abusive behaviour or threatening language.
- Visitors suspected of being intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be asked to leave the Chapel.
- Visitors are expected to wear proper attire including shirt and shoes at all times.
- To preserve the artifacts visitors are to not touch or lean on the display.
- Photography is permitted for personal use only, with hand-held equipment. Please exercise care when taking close up photos. The use of tripods, monopods etc. is not permitted unless pre-approval has been granted.
- The use of strollers is permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the Chapel. Service animals are permitted upon the presentation of certification.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed within the Chapel.
- The use of weapons is not permitted in the Chapel.
|Historic Wedding Photo Print||$25.00|
|Mohawk Chapel History Book: Written by the Chair of the Chapel Committee W. Barry Hill||$30.00|
|History of Mohawk Chapel Photobook||$8.00|
|Window Greeting Cards||$8.00|
All shop items are available at Her Majesty’s Royal Chapel of the Mohawks.
The location release form must be obtained for any filming and/or photography taken on any property managed by Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation (SNGRDC). SNGRDC must inspect and approve any filming or photography to ensure that the information is true to the history and representation of the Six Nations people.
This form is used to rent the space at the Mohawk Chapel. The Chapel has two rental spaces including the upstairs service area, and the downstairs multi-purpose room with kitchen.
This form must be filled out to book a guided tour of the Mohawk Chapel. This tour includes learning about the Six Nations culture, history, and Chapel through the story of eight stained glass windows. To learn more about our educational tours please visit the “Discover” section of our website.
To volunteer at the Mohawk Chapel this form must be completed and returned prior to assisting with events and upcoming projects.